Fire & EMS
26 April 2021: Open Written Test Weekend for Firefighter Recruit
Hello Facebook Family, Friends, and Fans!
We are deciding to try something a little different to improve our recruiting and applicant process. With each passing year, it is becoming more difficult to recruit applicants for a job that takes a special calling. Therefore, we are going to try a different approach by having an Open Test Weekend; May 14th-16th, 2021.
What are the requirements to take the OPEN written test?
- Must be between the ages of 19 and 50 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license or state-approved picture ID.
- Must sign up/register for one of the available times for the written test.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or have documentation of eligibility.
If you pass the written test with a 70% or above, you will be requested to complete an application to continue the hiring process.
IF you would like to register for the OPEN written test WEEKEND please register at the following link: https://bit.ly/3mTgDNg. You must register by May 4th, 2021. We will need to order the test in advance and need a headcount.
If you would like more information about Frankfort Fire and EMS, hiring process please visit http://www.frankfort.ky.gov/586/Firefighter-Recruit-Information.
Please contact our Admin Office at 502-875-8511 with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Now Accepting Applications
- NEW EMT Class - Starting July 7, 2021
- New Paramedic Class - Starting Sept 2021
- Registration - Register here online for the Paramedic Class Starting September 14, 2021
- The Adult Testing Battery (TABE) - Requirements and Instructions
- Paramedic Program Policies and Procedures - Revised 2021
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Psychomotor Exam: Patient Assessment/Management Trauma
- A LETTER FROM FRANKFORT FIRE & EMS: PARAMEDIC CLASS 2021 (Details about the class starting September 14, 2021) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Frankfort Fire & EMS Today
Today the Frankfort Fire Department provides fire protection and prevention service to citizens in a 16 square mile area of the Capital City. Since 1970, the department has also provided Emergency Medical Service (EMS) to Frankfort and Franklin County. In October 1989, this service was expanded to include Advanced Life Support (ALS).
Paramedics in addition to Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) respond to emergency calls throughout the City and County. The department responds to more than 7,000 ambulance calls and over 1,000 fire calls each year.
Frankfort Fire & EMS MakeUp
The department is made up of 82 full time employees, who maintain four fire stations and administrative offices. The infrastructure of the fire department is comprised of three separate crews, or shifts, with twenty-five personnel. Each crew mans four fire stations, providing fire and ambulance service 24 hours a day.
Staff / Crew
- Battalion Chief
- Firefighters / EMTs
- Firefighters / Paramedics
Emergency Response Services
In addition to fire suppression, fire prevention, EMS, and Code Enforcement, the department is also trained and equipped to respond to technical rescue events including:
- Boating emergencies
- Confine space
- Dive rescue
- Hazardous materials
- High angle / rope rescues
- Swift water
- Trench rescue
- Vehicle extrication