Questions about your service? It may already be answered. Select the category headings below to see questions and answers about solid waste collection in the City of Frankfort.
Service & Service Days- maximize/ minimize when clicked
- What is my service day?
- View the Service Days Map. Residents can also find out their service day by calling the Solid Waste Department at (502) 875-8527.
- My garbage/recycle container was not serviced. What should I do?
- If the container was at the curb by 7 a.m. on your assigned collection day and was not serviced, check the container for a violation tag explaining why the materials could not be collected. If there is no tag, you can report a missed service using the WO link or contact the Solid Waste Department at (502) 875-8527 or Public Works at (502)352-2088.
- What do I do if I forget to set out my trash, recycle or yard waste on my regular collection day?
- You can either hold the material until your next scheduled collection day or take it to the County landfill using a free voucher or paying a small fee. For more information visit the Franklin County website.
- Link to Franklin County voucher page.
- Curbside Collection-
- Why didn’t they pick up my extra garbage bags sitting next to the cart?
- Carts are serviced by fully automated garbage trucks operated by one driver. The routes are set up to service the maximum number of carts efficiently and safely. If items are not in the cart the driver would have to stop, get out, put the bag(s) in the cart and operate the robotic arm again. If several household each put out an extra bag in the course of the day the routes could not be completed.
- If you need to dispose of garbage that cannot fit into your cart, you may purchase CITY OF FRANKFORT OVERFLOW BAGS at Kroger (East or West) or Pic Pac (downtown). The cost of a roll of (6) bags is $6. The additional cost pays for the additional crew members needed to run an additional truck specific for overflow bags and bulky items.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about the Solid Waste Department