The Clean Water Act defines the City of Frankfort as a Phase II community. Therefore, the City is required to implement programs and practices to control polluted stormwater runoff from entering our waterways.
Minimum Controls & Pollutants
The City of Frankfort has a permit from the Kentucky Division of Water which requires six minimum controls for stormwater:
- Construction site stormwater runoff control
- Good housekeeping for municipal operations
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Post-construction stormwater management, and pollution prevention
- Public education and outreach.
- Public involvement and participation
We want to protect the surrounding waterways we use for drinking and recreation. These six measures help keep pollutants out of our water, such as:
If you have any problems or questions, please call 502-875-8500
If you are reporting a illicit discharge into our stormwater system or waterways, please call 502-875-8500.