The City of Frankfort Division of Solid Waste is conducting a free pick up for residential trash
collection. This pick up will take place January 23rd through 27th. During this week, residents
may set out extra trash for collection on the regularly scheduled collection day.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
● Extra garbage may be placed in 32-gallon trash cans or regular trash bags not exceeding
50 lbs (overflow bags are not required).
● Recycle containers may not be used for trash disposal.
● Please containerize all items and note that cardboard boxes are not acceptable containers.
● All construction debris must be containerized into trash cans, trash bags, or bundled.
● Household appliances, furniture, and bulky items will be picked up on your regular
garbage collection day.
● The City will not pick up tires, petroleum products, or chemicals.
All City of Frankfort Solid Waste Ordinances still apply.
Trash and recycle carts cannot be placed at curb/street any sooner than the evening prior to
collection day and no later than 7:00 am on the scheduled collection day. All carts must be
removed from the curb/street the evening of collection.
Please be aware that extra time may be needed by the Division of Solid Waste to collect all trash
during CLEAN UP WEEK. Typical route times may vary.
Due to the cleanup week the E-scrap drop off will be closed all week.
For more information about CLEAN UP WEEK call the Public Works Dept. at 502-352-2088 or
the Solid Waste Division at 502-875-8527 or visit our website at www.frankfort.ky.gov.